Monday, December 19, 2005

Idiot Fans

Okay first of all, I realize this is a long time coming, sorry about that. Between actually having to do work at work, moving in and out of houses, canoe trips, school starting, and my laptop deciding to crash multiple times, it's been hard to get writing. Anyway, sorry about that.

So anything been in the news since last time? See, that's a funny little joke about Hurricane Katrina completely dominating the news scene this last week or so. I feel like I should at least acknowledge the tragedy, but I don't plan on talking about it much, since what the hell do I really have to say about it? I mean, I imagine that sucks. People helping is good. Heart warming stories. It's all kind of been said.

So what I've decided to talk about instead, is something totally and completely irrelevant. Michigan Football. For those who didn't see this Saturday, Michigan lost to Notre Dame, in a game that frankly crushed my spirit completely. Anyway, there are two thoughts that arose from this game.

(1) I've never been that embarrassed to be a student at the University of Michigan. For those who didn't see, our student section, which I've always hated for their lack of football knowledge, quickness to turn on the team, and general frat boy/sorostitute view on football as just a social event (sorostitute has a red squiggly under it, and I was trying to figure out how I'd misspelled it when I realized it wasn't actually a word...smart one). Where was I? Oh yeah, the idiot fucking student section at U of M decided to rain various litter onto the field after a few calls went against us. Three things: (1) I hate when fans complain about calls that are the right calls just because they go against your team. Shut the fuck up, learn the rules, and don't get pissed at the refs for DOING THERE FUCKING JOBS. It's just like idiot college students who get pissed at cops for handing out MIPs. That's the law shithead. If you don't want MIPs you shouldn't break the law, or you should try and get away with it. I drink, but I drink with the understanding that if I get caught, that's my bad. Similarly I don't get angry at cops for pulling me over if I speed. That's the law, it's there jobs. But I digress. (2) You should never bitch about calls being why your team lost. If a call decides the game against you, then you shouldn't have put yourself in a position to lose because of a call. No one to blame but yourself. (3) Wow was that about the most immature fucking stupid ass thing I've ever had to feel like I was a part of. Christ. In this city of all cities, you'd think we'd know that throwing shit onto the field of play is a BAD IDEA. Any of these people watching a little under a year ago when that almost caused a fucking riot in the Palace? Dipshits.

(2) The Daily ran it's first "Fire Lloyd Carr" letter yesterday, which I can't stand. Yeah, I disagree with some of Lloyd Carr's decisions, but I understand that it's pretty hard to coach a division I NCAA football team. All these dipshits are always calling for Lloyd's head, thinking they know how to run the team better from their extensive experience coaching their Madden teams on the Playstation. Shut the fuck up. The man has won 5 Big Ten championships in 10 years, plus a national championship. Maybe he has some idea what he's doing? These are the exact same people who bitch about every mistake any player makes. Fumbles, interceptions, missed tackles, whatever. A quick message to armchair quarterbacks everywhere: PLAYING FOOTBALL IS HARD, YOU CANNOT DO IT. STOP THINKING YOU CAN. Cut these guys some slack. If I followed you around at your job, I bet I'd find out you fucked up a lot too, and your job is probably a whole lot easier. So shut the hell up.

Anyway, long story short, I hate the Student Section. Plus the wave sucks.
(originally written September 12th)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home