Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It Ain't Just a River in Egypt...

As most of you should know, the NFL Draft was this past weekend. I missed a substantial amount of the draft due to various graduation nonsense, but I was there for the single worst moment of my life as a Detroit Lions fan.

I saw it coming too. As soon as Atlanta traded for the 41st pick I knew it. At first it simply occurred to me that neither they nor the next team would be taking a quarterback. And we were sitting at 43.

Then I remembered who was on the board. I tried to tell myself it wasn't going to happen, but deep inside, I knew it was true.

Then I saw it: "Current Selection - Detroit Lions - Drew Stanton"

And that was when I crawled into the fetal position in the corner and started crying. Why God? Why?

But, like any good Lions fan, I immediately started manufacturing the denial. Hey, maybe all those horrible decisions weren't his fault. Maybe it was his godawful coach. Or his shitty offensive line. Or the general losing culture of MSU football. Maybe he'll be good. Maybe he'll be great. Maybe Drew Stanton is exactly what the Detroit Lions need to turn themselves around.

In case you're curious, I've never felt more pathetic than I do right now. Trying to pretend to be excited about the Drew Stanton era. Well, on the plus side, this will give us plenty of top 5 picks to spend on more wide receivers.

In other, less depressing news, I was listening to 96.3 the other day. For those who don't listen to 96.3 regularly this is there station concept: "All the hits, with none of the rap." So whenever they go to commercial and do a station identification, they play something along those lines.

I always found it a little strange, but whatever. I suppose a lot of people don't like rap, so it makes sense to advertise that. But this was there most recent station identification:

(Plays a rap song) "Their rims are spinning and it makes my head spin! 96.3 all the hits, with none of the rap."

I'm really hoping there next one goes like this: "Do you hate black people? 96.3 all the hits, none of the negros."

Oh also, this Thursday is the first Republican debate of the primary season. So if you want to get an early look at the next President of the United States, check out the debates.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger buzhwa2001 said...

I hate those 96.3 ads :( not all rap is crap. The message probably does net them more listeners, unfortunately.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home