Thursday, January 12, 2006

Larry King, done Frobozz Style

A while back (in the Ramblings’ old HTML days…how young and naïve we were then) I put up a post about Sports and why they were, you know, fucking awesome. I did this post in the style of Scoop Jackson of espn.com. I was bored today at work, so I decided to write up my next post, and wanted to do something similar.

So, today’s post is á la Larry King of CNN fame. For those who have never either (a) seen or read Larry King’s News and Views or (b) read ESPN the magazine’s “If Larry King Wrote for us” or (c) seen that awesome SNL sketch where Norm Macdonald parodies Larry King, here’s an idea of what it’s about.

Basically Larry throws out a bunch of quick thoughts on recent events…people in the news…or really whatever the hell seems to come to his mind. Often these thoughts make little if any sense. Anyway, here’s my News & Views:

Maybe it’s just me, but I think if we ever clone a human baby, we should clone a twin. Then we can sit all three babies next to each other and play Three-Baby-Clone-Monte.

I don’t care what anyone says, I STILL think the Detroit Lions should draft Marcus Vick.

The more I think about, the more convinced I am that Kevin Costner has no perceivable acting ability.

Sudden thought: No one on the planet likes the Rock Financial ad campaign.

When it comes to evolution versus intelligent design, evolution wins hands down.

Here’s the dirty truth, gang, despite President Bush having declared the mission in Iraq accomplished almost two years ago, there’s still some work to be done there.

You heard it here first, folks: One day, Google will rule the internet.

Is it just me, or is sliced bread overrated?

You can talk all you want to about D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but I think people are overlooking this Reggie Bush kid.

If you ask me, Aaron Sorkin is the greatest contributor to English literature since Shakespeare.

When it comes to evolution versus the Scientologist belief that we’re all brainwashed alien souls, evolution wins again, and we all feel a deep need to crush Tom Cruise’s larynx.

If you can only see one movie this year, it probably shouldn’t be something you’ve already seen.

I think people are making too big a deal out of this Avian Flu. Relax folks, they’re just birds.

Apple is working with Intel to redesign their processors, and if I know Bill Gates that can only mean one thing: Somebody’s going to get pistol-whipped.

Does anyone else miss Pogs?

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are having a baby. Just a hunch, but it could be good-looking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't this post have been titled 'Frobozz, done Larry King Style'? The reverse, I think, implies that Larry King is in fact taking your model of presenting ideas and using it on his show. And if that the case, congratulations for getting props from Larry King.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home