Thursday, April 06, 2006

Some Odds and Ends

Now, you might be thinking to yourself "Man, after that last post, I don't know what he could write that could top that. What could he possibly find that's more disturbing than that?" (And if you haven't read that last post, give yourself a treat and check out the Craigslist post).

Well, loyal readers, one need look no further than the front page of ESPN.com to find that. For those who haven't been following the story, a young black woman was paid to strip for some members of the Duke Lacrosse team (I'm unclear if she was a stripper professionaly, or not), and is claiming that a few of them raped her while calling her various racial slurs.

Now you might say, "Hey, that's not cool, but I don't know if it's as disturbing as people looking for promiscuous beastiality." And you'd be right, until you read the email one of the Lacrosse players sent out right after the 'party'.

To whom it may concern [I have] decided to have some strippers over,however there will be no nudity. I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the walk in and proceding to cut their skin off.

Which pretty much made me sick. I mean, honestly, how did they let this kid into Duke? Proceeding has two e's, jackass. Don't you have a spell checker on your email? Try using it sometime. The nerve of some people.

Apparently he then explains in explicit terms that he will find this sexually gratifying. So that's fun.

But you know me, I like to look at the bright side of things, and find what amuses me about them. So here's what's great about this case. 46 of the 47 lacrosse players had to give sperm samples to determine if they were involved in the rape. Why didn't the 47th? He was the lone black member of the team, and the woman explicitly said all her assaulters were white.

And you know this guy has to be looking around thinking, "Huh, because I'm black...I'm NOT a suspect...FUCKING FINALLY! Being black pays off for once." Seriously, has any person in the history of North Carolina ever been presumed innocent because they were black? It's like bizarro world.

If you haven't heard Eminem and his wife Kim have filed for divorce...again. I know, shocking isn't it? They made it three whole months, though. That's almost an entire college semester.

Finally, I wanted to comment on a commercial I saw the other day for Vonage. Vonage is some sort of new phone service, that claims to be different than regular phone service because it has a cool commercial. Or something. I wasn't really listening. Because I was focused on the fine print at the bottom.

Note: Vonage 911 is not the same as regular 911

Ummm...what the fuck? What do you mean your phone service doesn't provide the standard 911? That's kind of an important number. What the hell kind of 911 do you provide?

"Vonage 911 Emergency, how can I help you?"

"Yes, thank God, there's a crazed man in my house, he's got an axe, I think he wants to kill me, I'm so scared, please help me."

"Oooh, this is awkward...see you're thinking of regular 911, and this is actually Vonage 911."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Just send help, I don't want to die."

"Yeah, see we here at Vonage 911 don't really do axe-murderers. But is there any trouble with your billing that I can help you out with?"

muffled screaming

Oh, and they found a Swan dead from Avian flu in Scotland, just to keep you all updated on the impending doom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home